Salesforce Summer 22: Top Features for Experience Cloud Review – Advanced Communities
We never tire of delighting you with the new quality content about Experience Cloud and our company updates. We always keep you up to date with every Salesforce Release and Summer 22 isn’t an exception. Salesforce published Release Notes on Summer 22 Release this week and we are ready to take you through its most exciting features. Let’s see what’s new in this release!
New Beta Features: Improved Site Search and Enhanced CMS Workspaces
Now users can search for the content contained in sites’ components. This option is available only for sites created with the Build Your Own (LWR) template. Also, thanks to the rearchitected platform of the enhanced CMS Workspaces users can create, manage and publish content more easily and quickly.
Here are some other great features available since Summer 22:
- Google Analytics 4. You can find it in Experience Builder -> Settings -> Integrations. (Note! This functionality is available only for orgs created after Summer 22 release)
- Add contributor roles in authenticated sites in Workspaces | Administration.
- Insert videos, images, formatted links, and apply paragraph heading styles in the content editor in enhanced CMS workspaces.
- Streamline content creation by adding sidebar extensions to the content editor in enhanced CMS workspaces.
- Unpublish and delete CMS content more easily with better visibility into other affected content items or records.
As these are beta features you need to turn on them to try. Go to the Setup -> enter Digital Experience in the Quick Fing box -> click Settings -> Select Turn on beta features checkbox -> click Save.
Refreshed User Interface and Usability Enhancements
Now Experience Builder users can benefit from an improved user interface and get more clarity and efficiency while using Builder. You can now easily duplicate and delete components just in one click with the new dropdown menu in each component’s property.
Also, labels used in text styles now match with HTML tags in LWR sites. For example, on your operating system. Extra Large Heading is now Heading 1, associated with the default HTML tag h1. Labels have been updated in the Theme panel and in the property on the Text Block component.
New Topic Filters in Knowledge search
You can now get the best results from Einstein Search and use multiple filters to search faster and more effectively. To simplify results, enter all topics related to your search.
To enable this feature go to the Workspaces -> Administration -> Preferences -> enable the Allow topic filtering for Lightning Knowledge search results checkbox -> click Save.
Add Links to Content and Layout Components in LWR Sites
Now admins can select a link source and add it to the Button, Lead and Contact Forms or any other component that can be made into a link. It’s possible to select whether a site page, external link or data binding expression. You can also select the type of link you’re gonna create. It could be a link, email or phone call. After you select the link source and type, use the property panel to link to a page or expression or enter a URL.
User Self Deactivate Feature
You can allow your site users to deactivate their accounts. Now they can do it anytime if an account is outdated or for any other reasons.
To enable this functionality do the following:
- Go to the Setup -> enter User Management Settings in the Quick Find box -> enable User Self Deactivate.
- Then configure the new Account Details properties of the Customizable User Settings component in Experience Builder. Make sure to deselect the Hide the Deactivate Account section checkbox so that your users can see the Deactivate My Account button.
Flows in Experience Builder
Now you can automate your processes right on your LWR sites! Flows are now available across all LWR templates. Flows open unlimited flexibility of Flow Builder to show screen flows on your site. To use flows in LWR, build them with Lightning web components. Flows built with Aura components can’t run in LWR sites.
Notify Your Users When There’s Too Much Traffic
With the new Too Many Requests page you can tell your customers when the site has higher than usual traffic. This page refreshes every 30 seconds and redirects customers to the right page when the site is available. You can customize the page according to your company design or use it as is.
Please, note that the Too Many Requests page is enabled for all sites that use enhanced domains and Salesforce’s CDN for Digital Experiences.
Guest User Restrictions: Critical Updates
We want to remind you again about Guest Users’ security updates.
Since Spring 22 Salesforce starts to make changes to Guest Users’ security policy, all permission sets and permission set licenses with View All, Modify All, Edit and Delete object permissions will not be available anymore.
These changes will happen gradually from Spring 22 through Winter 23:
- Starting from the Spring 22 release, you can’t assign guest users permission sets associated with mentioned object permissions.
- Replacement permission set license with just approved permissions will be included in the Summer 22 release.
- In the Winter 23 release, Salesforce enforces this update and removes permission set licenses and their related permission sets from guest users.
To avoid disruptions that can affect workflows and other customizations, we recommend you review and remove all licenses and permission sets that contain restricted permissions before the Winter 23 release.
See all these features in our video overview:
How to translate/rename custom labels and fields in managed packages
Learn how you can translate or rename custom labels and fields in your installed managed packages! Also see short video instructions!
What Is AppExchange?
4.3 (3) AppExchange is a marketplace offering solutions, such as apps, components, and consulting services. To make your own solution...