Lifecycle Of Salesforce Lightning Bolt Solutions
Just recently, Salesforce presented Lightning Bolt Solutions – a number of community templates configured for various industries.
Now, we know all about the packaging and distribution features of Lightning Bolt Solutions. Moreover, we’re going to share the secret!
The anatomy of Lightning Bolt Solutions is simple and clear – Theme + Pages + Components = Lightning Bolt Template!
There are three steps to the Lightning Bolt lifecycle.
Step 1. Build It.
- Export – Lightning Community Builder allows you to develop a template and then export it with basic info (title, summary and preview images).
- Package – using the Salesforce packaging framework, a developer can create a new package or add the template to an existing one.
Step 2. Share It. In the very near future, it will be possible to publish your package on the AppExchange. For now, you can share a package installation link privately.
Step 3. Launch It.
3.1. Install. To make the Lightning Bolt Template available, simply install the package into a customer’s org. If it is a large company with many users and a large volume of data, do it into a sandbox first.
3.2. Publish. With the template and Community Creation Wizard create a new community and customise it with Community Builder.
What features are supported in packaging?
- Pages (Standard and Custom)
- Object Pages
- Components (Standard and Custom)
- Custom Themes
- Custom Objects
- Static Resources
- Login Pages
- Content Assets
- Page Variations
- Navigation Menu, Custom CSS/Mark-up
- Community Settings
With Lightning Bolt Templates, it is easy to accelerate your development cycles and deliver solutions faster and with reduced times to market.