Bond was founded in 1993 with just 61 members. They unite over 400 organizations, ranging from small specialist charities to large international NGOs and non-profits, with a worldwide presence.
Bond turned to Advanced Communities with a list of requirements and requests to create a brand new Salesforce-powered community. Here’s some of the functionality they were looking for:
– Groups that would be shown on the site, but could only be created internally. They also wanted them to be synced with the internal environment.
– A page to post job vacancies, advertisements, and process payments.
– A Partner Directory to manage their partner relationships.
– The ability to run events and trainings with the functionality of free and paid options, an ‘Early Bird’ pricing feature, and different price packages depending on membership levels.
Advanced Communities implemented a new Experience site and provided all requested functionality with our own solutions, complete with custom configurations. Here’s a look at the apps we implemented in this project and the benefits they bring to the Bond site:
– AC Events Enterprise: The Bond site now has different pages for each of their event types: Training and Events. All events have different visibility options; some events are visible for everyone (including guests) and others are visible only for members. Since AC Events Enterprise integrates with Chatter, there are private Chatter groups where users can only see events associated with their particular group.
AC Events Enterprise also provides a wide range of pricing options that the client was looking for: Early Bird discounts as well as free and paid events. Bond can also set different pricing depending on a user’s membership level, and members will only see the price that’s relevant to them.
– AC Job Board: Bond members can now post job vacancies on their Experience site. In addition, a custom-developed My Jobs page includes a custom process for advertising jobs. Users can see Job ad packages and pricing, as well as their purchased job ads (which they can choose and post from this page).
– AC Partner Marketplace: This solution was used to create The Bond Directory: a dedicated online space for businesses, consultancies, higher education institutions, and social enterprises working in the international development and humanitarian sectors. This helps them promote their services and solutions, and highlight their areas of expertise.
Benefits and Results
As a result, Bond now successfully manages more than 4,000 users in their community. Members can effectively communicate in private groups, follow and attend important events and trainings, buy and post jobs, and share their partners in the community.
Try the Apps From This Success Story
Spotify Technology S.A. is a Swedish music streaming service that provides DRM-protected music and podcasts from record labels and media companies. Spotify required two separate sites: one for bringing artists, developers, investors, and vendors together and another as a communication channel used for sharing news, events, announcements, and blog posts.
- Enhanced file management and sharing
- Exceptional customer service with a new case management system
- Better connection and collaboration with the customers
- Increased website traffic and overall company productivity
Greenpeace is a well-known non-governmental environmental organization with offices in 55 countries. Relying on volunteers, Greenpeace works on defending the natural world for a green and peaceful future. Greenpeace UK required its existing volunteer community groups to be updated and moved from the external system to the Salesforce Community Cloud platform.
- Better communication within the community
- Enhanced online collaboration and information sharing
- Simplified and more effective group management
- Increased engagement and user satisfaction
MuleSoft, Inc. is a software company that provides iPaaS software for connecting applications, data, and devices without writing code. Advanced Communities was involved in the strategic project of moving the Mulesoft Help Center from the legacy PHP forums to Salesforce Community Cloud. That included moving 20000+ forum users with the discussions, likes, follows, reputation points, images, and userpics to Salesforce.
- Improved engagement and collaboration with Mulesoft customers
- Better system performance
- Streamlined and more efficient company processes
- Increased productivity
How Can We Help You?
Over the years we’ve accumulated a wealth of experience working with Salesforce Experience Cloud, helping businesses and nonprofits connect with customers, partners, members, donors, volunteers, students, and alumni. We can help you with any kind of Experience Cloud engagement, and share our expertise and best practices to help you maximize your investment. We look forward to speaking with you!