Bond was founded in 1993 with just 61 members. They unite over 400 organizations, ranging from small specialist charities to large international NGOs and non-profits, with a worldwide presence.
Bond turned to Advanced Communities with a list of requirements and requests to create a brand new Salesforce-powered community. Here’s some of the functionality they were looking for:
– Groups that would be shown on the site, but could only be created internally. They also wanted them to be synced with the internal environment.
– A page to post job vacancies, advertisements, and process payments.
– A Partner Directory to manage their partner relationships.
– The ability to run events and trainings with the functionality of free and paid options, an ‘Early Bird’ pricing feature, and different price packages depending on membership levels.
Advanced Communities implemented a new Experience site and provided all requested functionality with our own solutions, complete with custom configurations. Here’s a look at the apps we implemented in this project and the benefits they bring to the Bond site:
– AC Events Enterprise: The Bond site now has different pages for each of their event types: Training and Events. All events have different visibility options; some events are visible for everyone (including guests) and others are visible only for members. Since AC Events Enterprise integrates with Chatter, there are private Chatter groups where users can only see events associated with their particular group.
AC Events Enterprise also provides a wide range of pricing options that the client was looking for: Early Bird discounts as well as free and paid events. Bond can also set different pricing depending on a user’s membership level, and members will only see the price that’s relevant to them.
– AC Job Board: Bond members can now post job vacancies on their Experience site. In addition, a custom-developed My Jobs page includes a custom process for advertising jobs. Users can see Job ad packages and pricing, as well as their purchased job ads (which they can choose and post from this page).
– AC Partner Marketplace: This solution was used to create The Bond Directory: a dedicated online space for businesses, consultancies, higher education institutions, and social enterprises working in the international development and humanitarian sectors. This helps them promote their services and solutions, and highlight their areas of expertise.
Benefits and Results
As a result, Bond now successfully manages more than 4,000 users in their community. Members can effectively communicate in private groups, follow and attend important events and trainings, buy and post jobs, and share their partners in the community.
Try the Apps From This Success Story
View AC Events Enterprise, AC Job Board, and AC Partner Marketplace on the Salesforce AppExchange.
How Can We Help You?
Over the years we’ve accumulated a wealth of experience working with Salesforce Experience Cloud, helping businesses and nonprofits connect with customers, partners, members, donors, volunteers, students, and alumni. We can help you with any kind of Experience Cloud engagement, and share our expertise and best practices to help you maximize your investment. We look forward to speaking with you!